Monday 6 May 2013

More like MUM now

There has been a lot of improvement over the weeks , things are getting better and I am regaining my sanity. I am feeling more confident as a mother. FINALLY.

In the day Sophie is under my complete care , I feed her , bathe her , change her diapers while juggling with the household chores. I have given up on cooking and I rely on hubs , my mum , grandma , Sophie's godmas ( my besties Claud and Laine ) to settle my meals. They lessen my load so I can concentrate on washing the milk bottles and my pumps ( Sophie takes 7 feeds a day and I have to pump 7 times ) so can you imagine the number of bottles and the times I have to wash them ! These while trying to wash the laundry , scrub the shit stained clothings and just trying to keep the house fit for living. Have I also mention I have given up on ironing , poor hubs he goes to work in crumpled tees. I am so sorry. Things will be better when our helper arrives. Fingers crossed.

I now do understand the plight of a stay at home mother. Staying at home taking of a kid is in fact much more tiring than work. Taking care is a 24hrs chore while work is just a 9 to 5 stint. I now look upon stay at home mother with ultimate admiration. Being a parent is really not easy, you could lose your sanity and you could even lose your marriage ! Thanks hubs for being so tolerating with me over the past few months. Thanks for giving me sleep while you sacrifice yours. You are our rockstar. The rock that keeps our family together.

I love being with Sophie everyday, I can understand this little human being and make up what she is crying for. I am proud of the both of us for surviving one month together at home. So much has changed since the first month. This is a major milestone for us. 

Sophie is very fortunate to have not one but two very supportive and doting godmothers who buys her gifts and take care of her mama. I hope one day we can repay their kindness.   

With Sophie everyday is amazing. I still cannot quite believe this little human being came out of my stomach. My stretchmarks are a reminder of little Sophie's first journey. Thank you my dear for coming into my life you give mama a real good reason to treasure each day.

1 comment:

:: Claudia :: said...

u r super awesome! love u! *hugs*